2013 is around the corner.. have you set-up your goal for the coming new year??? urmm.. i've thinking what should i reach for the 2013.. hehehe.. should i get married??? ahakz.. No matter who you are, there must be something you want to achieve in life.. Maybe you want to be rich.. with a lots of money.. lots of bungalow.. and for husband, of course a lots of wife.. ahakz.. hehehe.. and for me have a good relationship with my loved ones is enough..
Whatever it is you want, goal setting is the key to help you achieve all your dreams.. Goal setting is a process of writing your goals down but that is not the magic pill.. but what your do after that, like coming out with steps and strategies to help you reach your goals.
Many people fail to achieve their goals because they just write down without put any effort to reach the goals... they just hope it will materialise automatically..
If you are serious about achieving your goals follow these simple and powerful steps below and you are on your way:-
- Develop Strategies :- Goals keep you on track and keep you focused. However, it is the strategies you take that will help you make your goals come true. Therefore, learn to develop strategies and action plan on how you can achieve your goals.
- Take at least (3) action steps everyday after setting your goals:- Commit yourself to take at least three action steps to help you get closer towards your goals everyday.
- Visualise and imagine :- The outcome after you have achieved your goals every night before going to sleep. Motivation is the key to keep you going and keep you motivated at all times.
- Set sub goals :- Make sure you set sub goals to reach your big goals. Take it one step at a time and be happy each time you reach a sub goal instead of being mad that you did not reach the big goal.
- Surround yourself:- If your goal is not to give something up, but to obtain something, surround yourself with things that remind you of how or why you want to achieve this goal.
- Tell the world :- If you tell everyone you know at work, friends, your Facebook OR Twitter friends, you have a large group of people to hold you accountable. It might not sound like the right reason, but sometimes you will be more likely to follow through with something if you don't want to look like a failure to others.
Always remember you are responsible for your own success. If you are not willing to take the necessary steps, you will never achieve what you want.